Thursday, June 5, 2014

Adjusting

Thank you for your prayers.

The last few days we've taken it easy as we've adjusted to the time change and other differences. Yesterday Stephanie and I caught up on a lot of sleep (though I shall not disclose exactly how late we slept in to...) :) . Kristi taught a piano lesson to a Nigerian boy from church. It was wonderful to meet him, his sister, and his dad. He had met Dad and Dan on their trip a number of years ago, so that was neat. Later in the evening we went grocery shopping with Kristi and helped her make crepes. One of her church friends Sophie came over for a bit, and we enjoyed getting to know her. 

Today we went to downtown Rouen, and I signed up for 4 weeks of French classes. The placement test was very interesting. I came out a very humbled American. ;) I am very much looking forward to learning there though. I will be taking classes every weekday morning from 10-1 starting next Tuesday. 

This afternoon we had the privilege of meeting more friends from Kristi's church. We had lunch together in Kristi's apartment and again enjoyed conversation with them. We also worked on a recording that Kristi is making of French Christian children's songs. I was able to sing along with a few of them, which was really special! They were very sweet, enthusiastic believers, and it was a joy to fellowship with them and sing together. 

We've run a number of other errands and are preparing for a weekend in Paris doing a music conference in a church in Paris. Stephanie and I are preparing special music numbers, and Kristi is hard at work preparing for her teaching.

My luggage is also set to arrive tomorrow (!!!), so I am very excited about that. It is set to come between 8:30-1, so please pray that it comes on the earlier end of things, so we can start our trek to Paris. 

Bonsoir! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment