Monday, June 2, 2014

Thoughts from my parents

As I head out today, I am so grateful for my wonderful parents! Here's a post I shared on my Facebook last night:
Found a card from Dad as I was packing for France. Definitely taking it with me:
"To my very special daughter, whose brown eyes and warm heart continue to encourage and bless me. Keep growing in our Lord Jesus Christ who has made all things possible in our lives. May you serve and love the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind. With all my love, the Papa / Dad"
My heart is so full... one reason I am so excited about this trip is because I know it is something Dad would've supported with all his heart. One of the main ministries I will be working in (in Rouen) was one that our church had supported and he had visited a few years before he passed away. He was very passionate about the work being done there by Kim and Lori Fox. What a privilege to go there now!
And I must also say how thankful I am for my wonderful mom. She has supported me and helped me in countless ways in preparing for this trip. Even though it means that we are not going to be together this summer, she's shown nothing but love and excitement for this. She is an example to me daily of what it means to love and serve others practically in day-to-day life. I love you both so much Pastor Mike Chodan and Barbara Chodan!


1 comment:

  1. This is great! We look forward to following what God does with you this summer!! We will be praying for you. The Hoffman Family (Cornerstone friends)

    ReplyDelete